Long Sleeve or Short Sleeve – Which is better for you?
One of Football’s changing trends is a move towards Short Sleeves, rather than Long Sleeves – Which is the better option for you?
LONG SLEEVES – THE RIGHT OPTION FOR YOU?
1. Long sleeve shirts are traditional. We play in the winter and they give more protection.
2. The problem with most Long Sleeve Shirts is that most brands only produce shirts with an open hem on the sleeve. This means, if you buy shirts that are slightly oversized (a good idea if you want two years out of the kit), then the sleeves are too long. They then fall over the wrists. The players look scruffy – you have just paid a lot of money for this kit, don’t forget, and the players push the sleeves up anyway, so they can take a throw-in.
3. There are a very few brands that offer Long Sleeve Shirts with traditional knitted cuffs. We are having great success with one particular brand who supply shirts with cuffs. Please let us know if you need more information.
SHORT SLEEVES – THE RIGHT OPTION FOR YOU?
1. The Shirts have a more modern look. Ask the players and a great majority will prefer them if given the choice.
2. Short Sleeve shirts give a better fit and a smarter appearance.
3. Many players now wear some version of a base layer under the shirt. This is more costly but players often buy their own and Short Sleeve Shirts can often be a little cheaper to buy.
4. Remember- If you decide to order base layers, it is always a good idea to check what colours the brand offers to ensure that you have a good match to your shirt sleeves.
REMEMBER! ALWAYS CHECK WITH YOUR LEAGUE TO FIND OUT IF THEY HAVE ANY RESTRICTIONS THAT MAY APPLY.